Terms and Conditions
If you purchase anything from us through this website, additional terms and conditions will apply. If you have any questions about them or do not wish to accept them, please contact Customer Support. If you do not accept these terms and conditions, please do not continue to use this website.
1. Information about us
We are Independent Television News Limited (doing business as
ITN Source), a company registered in England and Wales at Companies
House. Our registered office is 200 Gray's Inn Road, London WC1X
8XZ and our registered number is 00548648. Our VAT number is
You can contact us by email or by telephone on +44 (0) 207 430 4480.
The website to which these terms and conditions apply and for which we are responsible is www.itnsource.com.
2. Your use of this website and our intellectual property rights
We have made this website available to you for your use. We may
modify, withdraw or deny access to this website at any time,
including introducing charges for its use or other restricted
access. Some of the functionality of this website is only
accessible if you register with us. Registration is only available
to corporate users and is not available to individuals.
This website and all the materials contained in it are protected by intellectual property rights, including copyright, and either belong to us or are licensed to us to use. Such materials include, but are not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance, graphics and documents on the website, as well as other content such as video clips, articles, stories and other text.
If you post information/comments onto this website and as a result, we incur some liability or cost which is/was caused in whole or in part by the information or comments you posted (because for example, what you post is defamatory, illegal or infringes someone else's rights), you agree that you will reimburse us any such liability or cost that we suffer.
Except as provided for below under "Your use of project and clip
bins", you may not copy, redistribute, republish or otherwise make
the materials on this website available to anyone else for a
commercial purpose without our consent in writing.
You may print or download materials from this website for your own personal use/non-commercial use or copy the content to other individuals for their personal non-commercial use provided that:
• no materials are modified in any way;
• no graphics are used separately from accompanying text;
• our copyright and trade mark notices appear in all copies and you acknowledge this website as the source of the material;
• no materials are posted to file sharing websites (for example www.youtube.com or www.myspace.com); and
• the person to whom you are providing these materials is made aware of these restrictions.
3. Your use of project and clip bins
Project and clips bins are workplaces that have been created for professional use. These features allow you to select, manage, store, sort and share your clips with colleagues while working on a production or project.
The following terms and conditions apply to your use:
• no material (edited or otherwise) will be downloadable by you. All material will reside on our servers;
• the material can only be used for testing or sampling purposes;
• we cannot guarantee that data in your clip bin will be saved;
• guide prices are only an estimate and final prices may vary from guide prices;
• clip bins that have been inactive for 90 days will automatically be deleted, although we will endeavour to notify you in advance; and
• before inviting anyone into your contacts you must have obtained their consent (including their consent to receive emails from us).
4. Our liability to you when you use this website
These terms and conditions do not exclude our liability (if any)
to you for:
• personal injury or death resulting from our negligence;
• any matter which it would be illegal for us to exclude or to attempt to exclude our liability.
We do not guarantee that this website will be compatible with
all or any hardware and software which you may use. We do not
guarantee that this website will be available all the time or at
any specific time. We reserve the right to withdraw or modify this
website at any time. The internet is not under our control and your
ability to use this website will depend on the resilience of the
internet and the components and connections by which you access the
We are only liable to you for losses which you suffer as a result of a breach of these terms and conditions by us. Any implied warranties or conditions are fully excluded. We are not responsible to you for any losses which you may incur which were not a foreseeable consequence of us breaching these terms and conditions, for example if you and we could not have contemplated those losses before or when you access this website. Our liability to you shall not in any circumstances include any business losses that you may incur, including but not limited to lost data (including without limitation in relation to your use of project and clip bins), lost profits or business interruption.
If you purchase products through the website, additional or alternative liability conditions will apply. Please refer to the ITN Source Licence Agreement for more information.
5. Information on this website
The information contained on this website is given for general information and interest purposes only. Whilst we try and ensure the information contained on the website is accurate and up to date, we cannot be responsible for any inaccuracies in the information. In particular neither ITN nor any of ITN's licensors make any warranty or representation as to the accuracy of any such information (such as "shot lists" or programme information) and neither accepts any liability (other than non-excludable liabilities) in connection with any information which is incorrect. As a result, you should not rely on this information, and we recommend that you take further advice or seek further guidance before taking any action based on the information contained on this website. Our liability to you as explained above remains unaffected by this.
We may link to other websites which are not within our control.
When we do this, we will try and make it as clear as possible that
you are leaving our website. We are not responsible for these
websites in any way, and do not endorse them. It is your
on any other website which you visit.
You may not link to this website from another website without our consent in writing. If we give consent you must comply with the following guidelines:
• links must be to the homepage of the website at www.itnsource.com;
• you may not create a frame or any other border around this website;
• the site from which you wish to link must comply with all relevant laws and regulations and must not contain content which may be considered to be distasteful or offensive; and
• you must not imply that we endorse or are associated with any other website, product or service.
7. Governing Law and Jurisdiction
The formation, existence, construction, performance, validity
and all aspects whatsoever of these terms and conditions or of any
term of these terms and conditions will be governed by the law of
England and Wales.
The English and Welsh courts will have non-exclusive jurisdiction to settle any disputes which may arise out of or in connection with these terms and conditions or use of the website.